Quote of the Day:
“I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right.” – Frederick the Great, (1712-1786) King of Prussia, Frederick II
Last Friday, several functions of the Federal State nearly shut down as Democrats and Republicans fought over things like tax funding for abortion providers. It’s the usual con game…
- Democrats pretend that you must be “anti-choice” if you oppose tax-funded abortion
- Republicans are right to favor choice when it comes to such funding, but they’re still just cherry-picking the unconstitutional programs that they can best use to manipulate their base
In other words, the politicians are still pretending to fight a “Culture War.” But are the people following their lead? I think not.
It seems to me that times have changed. People are waking up. They’re becoming harder to manipulate. As the letter below indicates, the real Culture War isn’t the one being portrayed by the institutional media. It’s not the conservatives against the liberals; it’s the politicians against YOU.
Please let the politicians know that the main “culture war” you want to fight is against their rampant unconstitutionality. Tell them to oppose all unconstitutional laws all the time.
You may borrow from or copy this letter:
Politicians and their media lackeys tell us there’s a Culture War in the United States. They frame it as pro-life vs. pro-choice, or religion vs. secularism.
The REAL Culture War is between the Political Class vs. The People, or Statism vs. Liberty
The Political Class…
- Invades our personal lives and our bodies, such as telling us what substances we can or can’t take
- Takes money that we might use for charity, and uses it for THEIR pet purposes
- Keeps Americans divided by unconstitutionally involving the Federal State in matters of personal conscience
Americans are waking up to this con-game. We’re realizing that the most important struggle isn’t between the Red States and the Blue States, but between The People and The Political Class [the Aristocracy].
There wouldn’t be a budget problem if YOU fulfilled your oath of office and Congress exercised only the powers delegated to it by the Constitution.
And there would be NO NEED to raise the debt ceiling if you only spent tax money on what the Constitution permits, instead of on what YOU want. You have no right to fund organizations or governments. DON’T…
- subsidize non-profit corporations and charities; instead, clear all tax and regulatory requirements that obstruct their fundraising and progress
- subsidize or protect for-profit corporations; instead, eliminate tax and regulatory hurdles for ALL businesses, and allow research and development to go unhindered
- send aid to states and local governments; instead, eliminate all the “unfunded mandates” you have imposed on them
- send “aid” (or is it bribes?) to foreign nations; instead, eliminate ALL embargoes and trade restrictions so that Americans can be free to charitably help whomever they wish
In other words, stick ONLY to the powers given to you under the Constitution.
I’ll be watching what you do.
And we invite you to follow us on Twitter and re-tweet this to your followers: http://www.twitter.com/DDCDispatch
Jim Babka, President